Nestled in the heart of downtown Vancouver and Toronto, RentMoola team members can be found performing a variety of different roles that make RentMoola one of North America’s leading fintech companies!
RentMoola now boasts nearly 30 team members in their Vancouver and Toronto offices to make sure the product is the very best that it can be and ensure users have the best customer experience possible.
One by one, we’re excited to introduce our team members. Each member of our team is here not only because they’re ridiculously talented–but because they love what they do.
Meet Reza Azizi, the Computer Whiz! Reza is our Software Development Team Leader and has over 10 years of experience in leading and developing software applications. Before working for RentMoola and moving to Canada, he founded his own company called Ayrik Software Development Co. in 2010 in Esfahan. He has also worked as a Senior Java Developer at Pardisan in Esfahan and he worked for a diverse array of companies like Sun Microsystems and more. He is a great team leader who constantly motivates his team with his innovative ideas and problem solving abilities. He’s able to run complex projects while paying attention to detail, and never losing sight of the bigger picture. His out-of-the-box thinking makes him the perfect asset to our RentMoola team!
1. What’s your role at RentMoola?
Software Development Team Leader.
2. Give us a short description of your past employment experience that led to your current role.
My first experience in the computer world was meeting an atari 2600 and then working with a I386 PC, 20 years ago. I was interested in how programs work on a PC so I started learning C programming language and Operating systems. After that, I finished my software engineering and start working for an Industrial Automation company who needed an expert C++ developer to write an application for storing and analyzing critical data. I worked there in a developer/manager position. Then, I decided to found my own company, but during this time, I made the decision to Immigrate to Canada because of my family, and now I’m here at Rentmoola.
3. What has been your favourite project at RentMoola?
I like most of my projects here but the most challenging one was the Report Service because I started using four new technologies to implement complex reports. It is always a challenge to learn new things and create something professional, but I enjoy it.
4. Who is your hero and why?
I have many heroes and one of them is Paulo Coelho.
I’ve learned many things from his books, like the following:
“Remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what you want from life. There is just one thing that makes your dream become impossible: the fear of failure.”
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?
I’d like to go to France; I like the combination of arts and culture in that society.
6. What are 3 career lessons you’ve learned so far?
- Big business is based on customer needs, not a business man’s idea
- A joint of leaders never works
- Teamwork is an answer to most time-consuming projects
7. What’s something about you that most people don’t know?
I love cooking.
8. How did you meet your spouse?
We were colleagues at my previous job.
9. We hear you’re having a baby soon! Congrats! Do you have any potential name ideas?
We chose Barbod, it is the name of one of the most famous musicians in my home country.
10. Of all the lessons you’ve learned from your parents, what’s the best lesson you’ll pass along to your child?
Listen more and talk just enough.
If the RentMoola life seems like something you’d be interested in, good news, we’re hiring in our Vancouver office! Take a look at our Careers page and drop us a line!